Reasons I Believe in a Literal 6 Day Creation a Few Thousand Years Ago and a World-Wide, Earth-Destroying Flood:
1. Bible claims to be the Word of God, Who knows everything, Who was there, Who does not lie, and it says He Created everything in 6 days and sent the Flood in Noah’s time.
2. Meaning of “Yom” (day)--when it is modified by a number or by the words evening &/or morning in Scripture always means a literal day--Genesis 1 has both modifications.
3. Evolution means death before Adam which wipes out the message of the cross--eternal life vs. death penalty for sin.
4. All biblical doctrines have their foundation in Genesis, if Genesis is not true, then cannot trust the rest of Scripture to be true either.
5. 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says left to themselves things deteriorate, they do not move toward greater complexity, nor do they gain information such as evolution requires.
6. Big Bang Theory does not account for a lumpy universe, star formation, planet formation, galaxy formation, etc. because an explosion creates disorder not order.
7. Gravity is not strong enough to overcome the forces pushing outward from the hypothetical explosion of the Big Bang.
8. Faulty assumptions of Radio-isotope dating methods: constant decay rate, nothing added or taken away, and known quantities at the start--over billions of years without observational evidence to verify them.
9. None of the radio-isotope dating methods give accurate dates on rocks of known age.
10. 107 other earth-wide dating systems show the earth cannot be 5 billion years old and several give ages of only a few thousand years--ex. salt in ocean, helium in atmosphere, and earth’s magnetic field decay.
11. Statistical impossibility that life could evolve by random chance--even if all 10²² stars had an earth-like planet, all amino acids were left-hand shaped, and they linked up at 1,000/second for 20 billion yrs.--there isn’t enough time for the simplest protein to form let alone DNA or life.
12. Amino acids are destroyed more quickly than they could be formed even in the hypothetical primordial soup (methane-ammonia atmosphere).
13. Earth never had a methane-ammonia atmosphere--geological tests show it always had a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere just like it has now.
14. Oxygen breaks down the chemicals needed for life to evolve.
15. There are no true Ape-Men fossils--it can be shown that the fossils are all either fully human, fully ape, or frauds.
16. Human fossils are found in layers below the supposed Ape-Men fossils--meaning they are older than their supposed ancestors.
17. DNA evidence that all humans had a common ancestor.
18. Human development does not go through evolutionary stages as an embryo--Haeckel‘s Lie was disproved decades ago.
19. All 180 vestigial organs have been shown not to be evolutionary leftovers, but necessary and useful organs humans need for healthy existence--ex. appendix, pituitary gland, pineal gland.
20. Evidence of design with much greater complexity than our most complex computer programs--ex. DNA, the eye, the human brain, the “simple” cell, the vast variety of life.
21. NO transitional forms found in the fossil record--each plant or animal appears abruptly in the fossil record, fully formed and fully functional.
22. Comparative Anatomy--similar structures among creatures shows One Designer, Who did not “re-invent the wheel” each time He needed a structure to perform a similar function in another creature.
23. Living fossils--living forms of fossils essentially unchanged, showing no evolution occurred.
24. Evidence that men and dinosaurs (both created on day 6) did co-exist: Bible--leviathan, behemoth and dragons; dragon legends from around the world, fossil footprints of man and dinosaurs together, cave art, recent sightings.
25. Ark was remarkably suited to its purpose--big enough to hold all necessary animals including dinosaurs with room to spare for food storage and exercise; nearly impossible to capsize.
26. Lifespans shorten drastically after the Flood indicating that something traumatic happened, like the collapse of the vapor canopy &/or weakening of the earth’s magnetic field.
27. Mt. St. Helen’s eruption showed how minute sedimentary layers can form in seconds and build up to several hundred feet thickness within hours--millions of years are not necessary.
28. Rapid canyon carving at Mt. St. Helen’s, the Scablands of eastern Washington and in Georgia shows that a lot of water in a little bit of time can erode canyons in short periods of time (centuries, years or just days or hours--again millions of years are not needed).
29. Coal and other fossil fuels can be formed in the laboratory in just weeks--Flood model with lots of plant matter buried in sediments would be the right conditions to create coal, etc.
30. Plate tectonics provides evidence that the Earth was broken up and the oceans widened and deepened to accommodate the receding Flood waters.
31. All mountains are made of sedimentary rocks (laid down under water) which have been buckled up to their present heights.
32. Marine fossils found on mountain tops all over the world showing that they were all once under water.
33. Fossils are formed by rapid burial such as would occur with a flood--not gradual, or they’d decompose.
34. Polystrate fossils such as those at Specimen Ridge which go through several layers of strata show that the layers were formed rapidly or the trees would have decayed rather than being fossilized (petrified).
35. Millions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth--shows that the Flood was world-wide not local.
36. Flood must have been world-wide or there would have been no need for the Ark--in the 120 yrs. during which Noah built the Ark, he and the animals could easily have migrated to an area of safety if the Flood were merely local.
37. Flood legends from cultures around the world which all agree on the main points given in Genesis--vessel of safety, animals and humans saved.
38. Current world population would be much higher if man had been on the earth more than the few thousand years since the Flood.
39. Flood model provides the best explanation for how an Ice Age could occur on the earth--warmer oceans, colder continents and great winds resulting in more snow fall and less snow melt.
40. Climatic changes and reduction in available food (plants) after the Flood could also explain the sudden demise of the dinosaurs which likely being cold-blooded and also very large and requiring large quantities of food, had less tolerance for the post-Flood environment.
No matter how much you know there is an infinite amount more to know.
Which means, no matter how much you know, you don’t know how much more there is to know anyway.
Which means, you don’t know how much you do know or don’t know in relation to whatever there is to know, whatever that is.
Which means, let’s face it, you don’t know much at all.