Reasons I Believe in a Literal 6 Day Creation a Few Thousand Years Ago and a World-Wide, Earth-Destroying Flood:
1. Bible claims to be the Word of God, Who knows everything, Who was there, Who does not lie, and it says He Created everything in 6 days and sent the Flood in Noah’s time.
2. Meaning of “Yom” (day)--when it is modified by a number or by the words evening &/or morning in Scripture always means a literal day--Genesis 1 has both modifications.
3. Evolution means death before Adam which wipes out the message of the cross--eternal life vs. death penalty for sin.
4. All biblical doctrines have their foundation in Genesis, if Genesis is not true, then cannot trust the rest of Scripture to be true either.
5. 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says left to themselves things deteriorate, they do not move toward greater complexity, nor do they gain information such as evolution requires.
6. Big Bang Theory does not account for a lumpy universe, star formation, planet formation, galaxy formation, etc. because an explosion creates disorder not order.
7. Gravity is not strong enough to overcome the forces pushing outward from the hypothetical explosion of the Big Bang.
8. Faulty assumptions of Radio-isotope dating methods: constant decay rate, nothing added or taken away, and known quantities at the start--over billions of years without observational evidence to verify them.
9. None of the radio-isotope dating methods give accurate dates on rocks of known age.
10. 107 other earth-wide dating systems show the earth cannot be 5 billion years old and several give ages of only a few thousand years--ex. salt in ocean, helium in atmosphere, and earth’s magnetic field decay.
11. Statistical impossibility that life could evolve by random chance--even if all 10²² stars had an earth-like planet, all amino acids were left-hand shaped, and they linked up at 1,000/second for 20 billion yrs.--there isn’t enough time for the simplest protein to form let alone DNA or life.
12. Amino acids are destroyed more quickly than they could be formed even in the hypothetical primordial soup (methane-ammonia atmosphere).
13. Earth never had a methane-ammonia atmosphere--geological tests show it always had a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere just like it has now.
14. Oxygen breaks down the chemicals needed for life to evolve.
15. There are no true Ape-Men fossils--it can be shown that the fossils are all either fully human, fully ape, or frauds.
16. Human fossils are found in layers below the supposed Ape-Men fossils--meaning they are older than their supposed ancestors.
17. DNA evidence that all humans had a common ancestor.
18. Human development does not go through evolutionary stages as an embryo--Haeckel‘s Lie was disproved decades ago.
19. All 180 vestigial organs have been shown not to be evolutionary leftovers, but necessary and useful organs humans need for healthy existence--ex. appendix, pituitary gland, pineal gland.
20. Evidence of design with much greater complexity than our most complex computer programs--ex. DNA, the eye, the human brain, the “simple” cell, the vast variety of life.
21. NO transitional forms found in the fossil record--each plant or animal appears abruptly in the fossil record, fully formed and fully functional.
22. Comparative Anatomy--similar structures among creatures shows One Designer, Who did not “re-invent the wheel” each time He needed a structure to perform a similar function in another creature.
23. Living fossils--living forms of fossils essentially unchanged, showing no evolution occurred.
24. Evidence that men and dinosaurs (both created on day 6) did co-exist: Bible--leviathan, behemoth and dragons; dragon legends from around the world, fossil footprints of man and dinosaurs together, cave art, recent sightings.
25. Ark was remarkably suited to its purpose--big enough to hold all necessary animals including dinosaurs with room to spare for food storage and exercise; nearly impossible to capsize.
26. Lifespans shorten drastically after the Flood indicating that something traumatic happened, like the collapse of the vapor canopy &/or weakening of the earth’s magnetic field.
27. Mt. St. Helen’s eruption showed how minute sedimentary layers can form in seconds and build up to several hundred feet thickness within hours--millions of years are not necessary.
28. Rapid canyon carving at Mt. St. Helen’s, the Scablands of eastern Washington and in Georgia shows that a lot of water in a little bit of time can erode canyons in short periods of time (centuries, years or just days or hours--again millions of years are not needed).
29. Coal and other fossil fuels can be formed in the laboratory in just weeks--Flood model with lots of plant matter buried in sediments would be the right conditions to create coal, etc.
30. Plate tectonics provides evidence that the Earth was broken up and the oceans widened and deepened to accommodate the receding Flood waters.
31. All mountains are made of sedimentary rocks (laid down under water) which have been buckled up to their present heights.
32. Marine fossils found on mountain tops all over the world showing that they were all once under water.
33. Fossils are formed by rapid burial such as would occur with a flood--not gradual, or they’d decompose.
34. Polystrate fossils such as those at Specimen Ridge which go through several layers of strata show that the layers were formed rapidly or the trees would have decayed rather than being fossilized (petrified).
35. Millions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth--shows that the Flood was world-wide not local.
36. Flood must have been world-wide or there would have been no need for the Ark--in the 120 yrs. during which Noah built the Ark, he and the animals could easily have migrated to an area of safety if the Flood were merely local.
37. Flood legends from cultures around the world which all agree on the main points given in Genesis--vessel of safety, animals and humans saved.
38. Current world population would be much higher if man had been on the earth more than the few thousand years since the Flood.
39. Flood model provides the best explanation for how an Ice Age could occur on the earth--warmer oceans, colder continents and great winds resulting in more snow fall and less snow melt.
40. Climatic changes and reduction in available food (plants) after the Flood could also explain the sudden demise of the dinosaurs which likely being cold-blooded and also very large and requiring large quantities of food, had less tolerance for the post-Flood environment.
No matter how much you know there is an infinite amount more to know.
Which means, no matter how much you know, you don’t know how much more there is to know anyway.
Which means, you don’t know how much you do know or don’t know in relation to whatever there is to know, whatever that is.
Which means, let’s face it, you don’t know much at all.
On more than one occasion, I have heard it said that it doesn’t matter what you believe about Creation. That it’s a side issue that doesn’t really matter because salvation doesn’t depend on it. In one sense that is correct, I can be a Christian saved by grace and believe in evolution, but I am not being consistent in my faith. When I accept man’s ideas of science over Scripture I am saying that God has lied to us and He can’t be trusted. If His Word is not true about the Ark and the Flood, how do I know it’s true about the Resurrection or the Second Coming or Eternal Life? If I treat the story of Adam and Eve as a myth and accept millions of years and death before Adam, then I can’t accept parts of the New Testament such as:
>>Jesus’ teaching on marriage:
Matt. 19:4-6: “Haven't you read," he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,' 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
>>Paul’s teaching on original sin, death, condemnation & eternal life:
Rom. 5:12-21: “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. 15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.
18 “Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. 20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteous-ness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
(I think Paul really, really wanted to make the point of where sin and death came from, don’t you?)
1 Cor. 15:21-22: “For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.”
1 Cor. 15:45-49: “So it is written: ‘The first man Adam became a living being;’ the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.”
1 Tim. 2:13-14: “For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.”
>>The genealogies which treat Adam as a real person:
Lk. 3:38: “the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.”
Jude 1:14: “Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: ‘See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones’”
By the way if death is not the curse for sin, because death was already in the world for millions of years, then why did Jesus die to overcome death (1 Cor. 15:54-57)? What is sin if you don’t go back to Genesis to define it since the Law didn‘t come until Moses (see Rom. 5:13-14 above)?
1 Cor. 15:54-57: “When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’
‘Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?’
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
My concern is that by compromising on whether God created in exactly the way the Bible says He did, you are also compromising your own belief in the Bible as God’s infallible, authoritative Word. You become afraid that a non-believer would scoff at the Bible as authoritative regarding morals and salvation because they scoff at the Bible for other things like a recent, literal 6 24-hour/day Creation, and a global Flood with an ark that really could hold all the kinds of animals. I used to be afraid of that. I thought science had “proved” the millions of years and only a fool would question it. I thought it was possible to add evolution to the Bible. When I was first exposed to the idea that some modern Christians actually believed in a six day creation just a few thousand years ago, I thought they were just ignorant fools because that’s what my culture has taught me to believe about them. I had never checked their scientific data or listened to their reasons for believing what they did, I just scoffed and went on my way believing I was honoring God by believing in Theistic evolution. But I also felt that I couldn’t appeal to the Bible as God’s authoritative Word when dealing with non-Christians because I didn’t accept it 100%, I didn’t know that I could trust it 100% and I couldn’t answer skeptics questions.
Yet the Bible says, “But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Pet 3:15, NIV). And God never asks us to do what He doesn’t equip us to do. Plus, it was pointed out to me that if I accept death before Adam, I undermine the whole reason for the Cross. So I began to examine their claims. The more I study, the more convinced I become that the unproven Theory of Evolution couldn’t possibly be true and that the scientific evidence really supports Young Earth Creationism. I don’t want you to think I was an easy sell either. Between my honors courses in high school and my college courses I have studied: biology, earth science, chemistry, physics, botany and astronomy. What is shown above is a summary of what I found when I examined the evidence. I hope it gives you something to think about, and may even encourage you to spend some time studying Scientific Creationism for yourself. You may begin with the information in the following pages. The following link can provide even more: https://answersingenesis.org/